The mission of park is to be the meeting point of technological innovation for knowledge-based biotechnology enterprises and to provide sustainable linkages between the industry, research institutions and academia to boost the region’s competitiveness and business attractiveness by:
- supporting business development;
- spreading innovative products, processes and methods as well as distinctive knowledge and skills.
The objects and activities of the Guwahati Biotech Park are:
- To encourage and support the start up, incubation and development of innovation led, high growth knowledge based business in the multidisciplinary area of biotechnology.
- To provide state-of art infrastructure facilities and single window services for setting up biotechnology, chemical and biological industries in the park.
- To act as an engine for the growth of the biotechnology, chemical and biological industry and to act as a facilitator and a catalyst in the process of industry’s development.
- To provide formal and operational links with centers of knowledge creation such as national R&D laboratories, Universities, Medical Institutions and research organizations in India and abroad and create a strong network.
- To promote setting up biotechnology industrial ventures, contract research organization and healthcare industry.